NSS Camp 2011 : Typical Routine and Auto Suggestion

Schedule for 28.11.2011 (Link for pictorial tour of 26.11.2011 and 27.11.2011)

6:30 a.m. : Wake up before this hour
6:45 a.m. : Free hand exercise
7:00 a.m. : Bath
7:15 a.m. : Auto suggestion and writing down of ‘Thought of the Day’ (1-2 liner) in camp diary
7:30 a.m. : Departure for camp site
8:15 a.m. : Morning Assembly at camp site, Submission of (i)  MGNREGA first draft (ii) Cultural program items with time budget (scheduled on 02.12.2011 and for the rural community)
9:00 a.m. : Physical work; Submission of camp diary (NSS Faculty to check previous day’s report)
12:00 a.m. : Return from physical work; Rest & consolidation of idea generated from field work
12:30 p.m. : Lunch and compulsory rest
2:00 p.m. : Cloth sorting; Volunteer Speak Continued (nominated members from the Group) on “We the people – Our role and alignment with welfare schemes to reach out to the masses”; Finalization of cultural program minute-to-minute schedule
3:30 p.m. : Explaining evening work to leaders, deputy leaders / strategizing within the team
4:00 p.m. : Afternoon Assembly, Group Leader speaks
4:15 p.m. : Snacks
4:30 p.m. : Compulsory departure from camp site & recess
6:00 p.m. (onwards) : Evening work and dinner: Cloth Collection; Preparation of Final Draft of MGNREGA proposal; Rehearsal for cultural program
10:00 p.m. : Camp Diary writing, Self Analysis
10:20 p.m. : Hear / Read the Holy / Inspirational study material (specify this in camp Diary, which excerpt)
10:30 p.m. : Go to sleep (compulsory rest)

----- Auto suggestion suggested ------

Adapted from Harvard Business School oath (115 countries, 49 languages)

As a National Service Scheme volunteer I recognize my role in society.
•  My purpose is to lead democratic, self-disciplined and self-reliant way of life.
•  My decisions affect the well-being of individuals in the community, today and tomorrow.

Therefore, I promise that:
•  I will approach community service with loyalty and care, and will not advance my personal interests at the expense of the society.
•  I will understand and uphold, in letter and spirit, the National Service Scheme rules and code of conduct.
•  I will refrain from corruption, unfair practices harmful to society.
•  I will protect the human rights and dignity of all people affected by my enterprise, and I will oppose discrimination and exploitation.
•  I will protect the right of future generations to advance their standard of living and enjoy a healthy planet.
•  I will invest in developing myself and others, helping the community service activity to continue to advance and create sustainable and inclusive prosperity.

In exercising my community service duties according to these principles, I recognize that my behavior must set an example of integrity, eliciting trust and esteem from those I serve. I will remain accountable to my peers and to society for my actions and for upholding these standards. I shall uphold National Service Scheme motto “Not Me, But You” in my thoughts and deeds.
This oath I make freely, and upon my honor.

Comments