StudentSpeak : Part V

Manpreet Chaudhury (Village : Pariapara; Program Officer : Dr. Dilip K. Swain)

India being a developing country and during the path to development, wide differences are created between rich and poor. This situation is what calls for national service especially in villages. So, working for welfare of these poor people actually generates a feeling of self satisfaction and so am I involved in these activities through NSS, IIT kharagpur. It provided me a platform to help those who are in indispensable need of it.
Being a NSS volunteer, I contributed my best to it. I served my job being in newsletter team in my first year. Continuing my job in second year, this was the time to directly do something for poor people and so I was involved in conducting surveys for caste certificate in my assigned village and helping them to get it. I attended a meeting with BDO which helped a lot in problem solving process. I was part of a play performed by our group on NSS day function. Now, it’s the last semester for NSS, and it’s the last but not the least time to do something worth mentioning. So i helped in organizing games and sports event in village and prize distribution as well. I am currently in work in organizing a health camp in my village which I think to be the best work done to end NSS tenure officially, although I would continue social service otherwise.

After my NSS tenure is over, I would continue serving to social service by: * Starting a scholarship programme for the poor students *  Organizing seminars or workshops for creating awareness about beneficial policies of government * Conducting workshops on local marketing by which, poor people can increase their income on available resources. * Introducing small investment businesses
to villagers, to generate more employment.

Viligatla Manaswi (Village : Ayodhyagarh; Program Officer : Dr. R. K. Rawat)

 I have participated actively in the celebration of youth festival during my first year.  We have conducted drawing competition to the students of the school under our area as a part of it.  Have taken active part in all the NSS meets and lectures held. Have participated in NSS rallies held till date. Have played major role in celebration of republic day, independence day and other days of national importance. I have taken important part during NSS camp held in December 2010 in which I have took actively  in clothes and books  distribution, served  all the NSS volunteers by taking part in preparing lunch. Have toaken part in a skit during NSS camp which was responsible for the enlightenment  of the villagers. Have taken part in making the presentation of our group activities. Have collected stationary and unused books from my hall mates in order to distribute to the poor students in village.
Abir Das (Village :Kuchalachati; Program Officer : Dr. Mantu P. Rajak)
I started NSS activities for my group in the Kuchalachati village. I did survey in that village and later I was in the literacy campaign misssion in which we were supposed to teach the middle aged illiterate people to identify letters  and make words. In my second year,I am made the group leader of the group and my duty was to coordinate all the activities done by our group. My motto was to contribute as much as I could as a part of the team and maintain team spirit  among my fellow volunteers.

And on account of community service after NSS gets over, I am a student of Ramakrisha Mission and we were taught the most noble thing to do would be taking education responsibility of a poor child whose family cant afford his education. So, after I get a job, I would like to that under the guidance of Ramakrisha Mission.


Comments